Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 6, Hospital BR Day 1.

i'm new to hospital bed rest as of today. I was new to bed rest only 6 days ago too! that didn't last very long huh? I am 31 weeks today (tues). 3 weeks ago my cervix started out at 2.9 cm, they had me come in a for a re-check a week later and it was 1.6 cm, then they put me on strict at home bed rest. They gave me my steriod shots and I also had an Ffn test done that came back negative! (which is good for 5 more days lol) Then I came back today about a week later and they checked me again and i was .89 cm, he was head down and there was some funneling going on. So they sent me straight upstairs to be admitted. At least i got to pick my room and my nurses have been super nice so far!

Then when i got up here they hooked me up to the monitors and found out that i was contracting every 8-10 min. I told the dr. maybe 1-2 times an hour i thought/felt that i was contracting. Well i have this thing called high pain tolerance, so i had no idea i was even having that many contractions! i could tell more when i had monitors attached to my stomach and i could see them move a little when i would have a contraction! So i got a shot of terb. (had one last week when i went to L&D triage too...thought i was fixed!) I'm on procardia, and something that is similar to motrin but i can only be on it for 72 hours its like a muscle relaxer that clams my uterus, i think i'ts called indocin...which i also found today that i have "irritable uterus" or whatever it's called too! Oh and he's head down now, not breach anymore, just in case i do have to deliever soonish!
I find out tomorrow or the next day about how long they think i will stay up here for, one dr. said 5 days, but my other dr. sounded like till i was 34 weeks...Although most of them are estimating that i will deliever close to 34 weeks (dunno how they make those guesses :-/)

So here i sit at about midnight, bored, not tired, missing my dogs and husband, and MY FOOD! lol I think I'll go to sleep soon since i'll be waking up for meds and another ultrasound to see how big he is getting in 6 hours! (trying to get rid of this headache too...ugh meds!)

No comments:

Post a Comment