Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bed Rest Day #1

So i went in for my updated u/s today, the first u/s tech mislead me and made me i think i was 3 cm dialated, which i know a lot of women can do that for weeks, so i wasn't too worried...I didnt ask a lot of questions cause i was a little stunned. Then we went back today and actually i was 2.9 cm shortened, and it went down in 7 days to 1.6, which is worse! :( So i got put on complete bedrest...only getting up to pee, shower, and make quick meals. Feel bad for hubby he's gotta do a lot now! :( So they also gave a me a steriod shot for his lungs today, and i'll get a second one tomorrow. I also am getting a fetal fibronectin done...for those of you that don't know...fibronectin is the "glue" that holds the sac to the uterin wall. they swab to see if it is leaking (couldn't get it done today because they did an internal u/s and that could give me a false positive). if it comes back negative then it pretty much means i most likely won't go in to labor in the next 7-10 days, which is GOOD! if it comes back positive, (this i read somewhere, can't remember and dont know how accurate it is) but there is a 68% chance i could deliver within in the next 2 weeks. If it comes back positive also there is a chance they would admit me to watch me and be ready to stop labor for as long as possible if that were to occur. i have been having contractions daily :( SO we will see what happens, they said i would have the results back in a few hours, gonna be sitting around going crazy tomorrow!! hopefully it's negative and i just get to be bored for 2 weeks till my next fetal fibronectin test!

No comments:

Post a Comment